Valencia - contact us for 2019 & 2020 dates
Valencia has recently stepped out of the shadow of Madrid and Barcelona to become a world-class destination in its own right. With its stunning City of Arts and Science (designed by local architect Calatrava), as well as a charming old quarter and a burgeoning gourmet scene, the city is on the rise.
The region is the birthplace of Spain’s best-known dish, paella, and of course is famous for the huge swathes of orange trees that dominate the landscape. Local drinks such as Agua de Valencia (a cocktail made from orange juice, Cava, and sugar) and horchata (made from tiger nuts) are not to be missed. Valencia, both the city and region, has the feeling of a place whose time has come to shine and we are delighted to be returning there.
Some highlights from the tour
- Wine tours to some the best wineries of Valencia, Utiel-Requena, Jumilla & Yecla including Rafael Cambra, Los Frailes, Luzon, Casa Castillo, Barahonda, Bodegas Castaño, Hispano+Suizas, Gutierrez de la Vega, Bodegas Cueva
- Cultural visits with art historian Gijs van Hensbergen to the Ceramics Museum and IVAM modern art museum
- Paella cookery class and boat ride in Albufera, Spain’s largest lake
- Flamenco show & dinner in former 18th Century palace
- Michelin star dinner overlooking marina in Alicante
- Historical tapas and walking tour of Valencia’s old town
- Cheese tasting at Casa Montaña, one of Valencia’s best wine bars
- Dinner at La Salita, one of the city’s best new restaurants
In attractive and comfortable four-star hotels:
- 4 nights SH Ingles, Valencia
- 3 nights at Spa Hotel La Romana
- Private transport by luxury coach
Your tour hosts are Joanna Wivell, owner of Corazon Travel, Simon McGookin and Gijs van Hensbergen. Simon is a business developer and professional wine expert with a passion for travel. Gijs is a Dutch art historian, food critic and Hispanist as well as the world's leading expert on Picasso and Gaudi.
Contact us to book now or request the full itinerary
- Price: €3400 per person - €200 euro discount for the first five bookings
- Single supplement: €400
- Tour deposit booking: €500
- Duration: 7 nights
- What´s included: all accommodation, and visits, all breakfasts and 12 meals (6 lunches and 6 dinners) during the trip (for other meals you are free to make your own plans although we find that guests are usually full!), all wine at meals, 9 winery visits, your tour hosts Joanna, Simon, and Gijs your English speaking guides, 1 cookery class, 9 winery visits, and local transport and VAT. Flights, insurance and tips are not included.
About Sign Up Tours
Of course our tours are about knowing the right places and the right people to experience and enjoy the real Spain, but it’s also about living life in the present tense, the before and after feeling that life on the open road gives us, a moment in time... a true travel experience.
We offer open tours in different seasons, be it reaching the warm sun of southern Spain in the autumn and winter, discovering the magnificent spring in the central peninsula or catching up with the northern regions in the summer. More about Sign Up Tours