New Year's Eve in Cádiz, Andalucia
Are you still wondering what to do this New Year's Eve? Come and spend it with us as we head to the south of Andalucia to the Costa de la Luz on a fun-packed tour to see in the New Year.
What is it about this Southern tip of Spain which is so enticing? Is it the old fortress city of Cadiz, founded by the Phoenicians with all its seafaring history or is it the whitewashed hilltop villages with their moorish architecture? Perhaps it's a lunch of fresh fish and chilled wine by the beach, the smell of aging casks of the old family bodegas in sherry country or the sound of a flamenco guitar from the bar on the corner?
From the majesty of Seville, to the antiquity of Cadiz Old Town to the magical, moorish village of Vejer de la Frontera. This six night New Year's Eve escape takes us on our own voyage of discovery as we experience its food, wine and history.
- New Year's Eve celebrations at the Casa de Califa in Vejer de la Frontera
- The dancing, thoroughbred Spanish horses at the Royal Andalucian School of Equestrian Art in Jerez de la Frontera.
- Visiting Bodegas Tradición to taste very old rare sherries (VORS) and view their collection of Spanish masterpieces.
- A walking tour of Cádiz, the oldest city Spain
- Watching Flamenco with locals at an authentic peña club.
- Follow in the steps of Goya on our tour of the Puerta de Santa Maria
- Visiting the Osborne family winery to taste their brandy and sherries with 5 jotas iberian ham
In attractive and comfortable range of hotels:
- Vincci La Rabida in Seville
- Duques de Medinacelli in la Puerta de Santa Maria
- Casa de Califa in Vejer de la Frontera
Food with wine
- Tasting traditional tapas in Seville
- Dinner at El Faro in Puerta Santa Maria
- Lunch at the historic, private members club, the Casino de Cádiz with a tasting of premium Andalusian wines
- New Year's Eve dinner at the Casa de Califa, Vejer de la Frontera
- Lunch by the beach, at the 17th century Ventorillo del Chato
- New Year's Day lunch and cooking class with a Basque masterchef
- Tasting the local delicacies of Vejer de la Frontera
Your tour host is Joanna Wivell, owner of Corazon Travel and Insider's Madrid, a flamenco-dancing foodie, born in Yorkshire in UK, lived in Madrid for 18 years but has felt Spanish inside since she was six.
Book now for the New Year in Cádiz or request the full itinerary
- Price: €3200/£2990/$3900 per person
- Single supplement: €495/£430/$600
- Tour deposit booking: €500/£430/$500
- Duration: 6 nights
- What is included: All accommodation (based on twin room sharing), visits, all meals apart from one free evening, private transport and VAT.
Flights, airport transfers, travel insurance and tips are not included.
About Sign Up Tours
Of course our tours are about knowing the right places and the right people to experience and enjoy the real Spain, but it’s also about living life in the present tense, the before and after feeling that life on the open road gives us, a moment in time... a true travel experience.
We offer open tours in different seasons, be it reaching the warm sun of southern Spain in the autumn and winter, discovering the magnificent spring in the central peninsula or catching up with the northern regions in the summer. More about Sign Up Tours