Explore the Camino de Santiago, contact us for 2019 & 2020 dates
Join us as we explore the Camino de Santiago, also known as the Way of St. James. The week-long venture will be led by Father Marek Zabriskie, Founder of the Bible Challenge and Nancy Mead, Camino Veteran, who has walked more than 6000 miles of pilgrimage routes.
Starting and finishing in Madrid, we will cover stretches of the French route, which winds us through the diverse landscapes of north-western Spain; travelling through Castile, El Bierzo and Galicia, we will to get a sense of what the Camino is about, and what it means to pilgrims of the past and present.
We will be joined by Bishop Carlos Lopez Lozano who has served as the Episcopal Bishop of Spain for twenty years. He will provide historical and spiritual sustenance throughout the journey and share with us his expertise on Anglicanism in Spain. The tour is hosted by Joanna Wivell, owner of Corazon Travel & Insider’s Madrid. Joanna has been an adopted Spaniard for the past 18 years and runs custom-designed tours that uncover the heart and soul of Spain.
Highlights of the trip
- An overview of the history of Spain with “Ghosts of Spain” writer, historian and journalist, Giles Tremlett
- A guided visit of the Prado Museum
- Vespers service in Spanish with Bishop Carlos
- Flamenco at Las Carboneras flamenco tablao
- Tours of important religious sites along the Camino
- Visit to Gaudi’s Episcopal Palace in Astorga
- Overnight at a traditional Galician family estate
- Queimada and traditional Galician music in Arzua
- Pilgrim’s mass in Santiago de Compostela
- Site visit to the future home of the Anglican centre in Spain
- Guided tour of Santiago de Compostela and the Cathedral
What to expect
- Four days of walking significant stretches (4-6 miles) of the Camino
- A intimate group setting accompanied by experienced Camino leaders
- Experiences that balance the spiritual, cultural and culinary elements of northern Spain
Note: transport is provided for those who would prefer to walk shorter distances
- The Westin Palace Hotel, Madrid
- Hotel Spa Ciudad Astorga
- Palacio de Canedo, El Bierzo
- Pazo A Painza, Arzua
- The Parador of Santiago de Compostela
- Hotel Urso, Madrid
Food and Wine
- Reception and dinner at the Westin Palace Hotel
- A private tour and dinner in the world’s oldest restaurant, Casa Botín
- Lunch at the Parador of Avila
- Banquet at the 15th century Parador in Santiago de Compostela
- A tasting of Spanish wines along the Camino with our sommelier.
- A Galician Mariscada at a traditional shellfish restaurant in Santiago de Compostela
- An Insider’s Madrid gourmet Tapas tour
Book now for the Explore the Camino de Santiago Tour
- Price: €4810/$5930 per person,
- Single supplement: €925/$1130 per person
- Duration: 8 nights
- What´s included: The price includes all accommodation in four and five-star hotels or similar based on two people sharing. All breakfasts, 8 dinners, 6 lunches, all wine at meals, 2 expert guides for the Camino, tour host, all tours and visits mentioned in the itinerary. VAT is also included. Flights, insurance, tips and incidental extras are not included.