Insider's Gourmet Tour
October 28th - November 4th, 2018
This seven-day tour offers a gourmet overview of central and southern Spain, allowing you to see, taste and breathe the wonders the country has to offer. We diverse landscapes in Castile and Leon, Extremadura and Andalucia, beginning and ending in Madrid.
The trip is hosted by Joanna Wivell (Corazon Tours & Insider’s Madrid), designed together with Jeremy Shaw (Iberian Wine Tours). Their combined insider knowledge offers a double inside track on how to taste the very best of Spain, underpinned by many years uncovering the heart and soul of Iberia.
The love of wine, and the stories surrounding it, is one of the key elements of this trip. We experience tastings of top class wines from established winemakers as well as visits to what are considered the best new wineries in the region.
We visit several contrasting wineries to taste some stunning wines:
- Dehesa La Granja is top winemaker Alejandro Fernandez’s country estate near Toro
- Alma Roja is an artisan producer of wine made from the little known Juan Garcia grape
- La Zorra produces quality wines from the Rufete grape (93 Parket points)
- Santa Marina is spectacularly situated on the site of an old Roman vineyard in Extremadura (91 Parker)
- Lustau is a top sherry producer since 1896
- Fernando de Castilla is one of the oldest bodegas in Jerez
(93-95 Parker points)
We provide a selection of top class restaurants on the tour ranging from small and traditional to international standard award-winning venues to include the following:
- Dinner at Madrid’s opulent 2* Michelin restaurant, Club Allard
- Long lunches at the wineries of Dehesa La Granja, La Zorra, Santa Marina
- Insider’s Madrid gourmet tapas tour of Madrid, prize-winning tapas with a twist in Seville
- Prize-winning jamon tasting at Guijuelo, one of the world’s great ham locations
- Jabugo ham tasting and dinner at the historic Taberna del Alabadero
- Taste of Andalucia; tapas and sherry pairing in Jerez
We have selected comfortable and stylish accommodation.
- We will be staying in the following hotels during the trip:
- In Madrid we stay at the fashionable 5* Palacio de Tepa
- In Salamanca we stay at the historic 4* Palacio de Castellanos
- In Caceres we stay at a former 14th century palace, the 4* Parador
- In Seville we stay at the 4* Vincci La Rábida
We aim to provide an experience which goes beyond wine and food, to enable you to get a feel for the region and its culture. The following activities offer an alternative flavour of Spain:
Visit the UNESCO World Heritage cities of Avila, Salamanca, Caceres and Merida.
Tour the fantastically preserved Roman ruins in Merida
Go golden eagle spotting on a boat trip along the Douro River
Enjoy Flamenco in its spiritual home city of Seville
Contact us to book now or request the full itinerary
- Price: €3500 per person
- Single supplement: €450
- Tour deposit booking: €500
- Duration: 7 nights
- What´s included: The price includes all accommodation, visits and tastings at wineries, an expert guide, all breakfasts and 6 lunches and 6 dinners during the trip (for other meals you are free to make your own plans), all wine at meals, local transport and VAT. Flights, insurance, tips and incidental extras are not included
If Michelin rated trips, this seven-day jaunt would have three stars and a two year waiting list.
About Sign Up Tours
Of course our tours are about knowing the right places and the right people to experience and enjoy the real Spain, but it’s also about living life in the present tense, the before and after feeling that life on the open road gives us, a moment in time... a true travel experience.
We offer open tours in different seasons, be it reaching the warm sun of southern Spain in the autumn and winter, discovering the magnificent spring in the central peninsula or catching up with the northern regions in the summer. More about Sign Up Tours